psql hang in emacs/cygwin bash (postgresql-7.4.5)

From: David Liu <dtliu(at)cs(dot)berkeley(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: psql hang in emacs/cygwin bash (postgresql-7.4.5)
Date: 2004-12-20 23:42:56
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi all,

I've successfully installed postgresql (actually, cygwin did this
for me), and done an initdb on a directory. Now, I'm trying to
use psql after initialization. It works from the windows
command-line, but not when I type 'psql' from an emacs bash
prompt. When I kill the shell buffer, I get this message in the
postgresql log:

LOG: unexpected EOF on client connection

any help would be appreciated.

David