Re: Database Name Case Sensitivity

From: "Brian T(dot) Allen" <brian(at)gzmarketing(dot)com>
To: "Shaw Terwilliger" <sterwill(at)sourcegear(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Database Name Case Sensitivity
Date: 2001-04-05 19:53:40
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-novice

I just ran into that too, and find it most undesirable. I don't know
whether that is part of the SQL spec or not, but it seems very odd. The
queries seem to be converted to lowercase before they ever reach the SQL
engine.

Brian
Flash web sites from $149/year w/ hosting
http://www.eflashcash.com/er/websuccess/

> Maybe this isn't technically a bug, but I found it strange. With
PostgreSQL