Re: MySQL and PostgreSQL speed compare

From: "Adam Lang" <aalang(at)rutgersinsurance(dot)com>
To: "PostgreSQL General" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: MySQL and PostgreSQL speed compare
Date: 2000-12-30 18:41:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Maybe because when you are "running it without a transaction" you still are.

Say you have this:

Begin
select
update
delete
commit

One transaction. Then you have this:

seelct
update
delete.

You are running three transactions as opposed to one. More overhead I
assume. If you submit a single query to postgres, it is wrapped in a
transaction.

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company