patch of Encoding problem

From: "Hiroshi Saito" <z-saito(at)guitar(dot)ocn(dot)ne(dot)jp>
To: <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: patch of Encoding problem
Date: 2006-11-07 15:04:46
Lists: pgsql-patches

Hi.

I think this problem to be complex....
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-11/msg00042.php

FormatMessage of windows cannot consider the encoding of the database.
However, I should try the solution now. It is necessary to clear the problem.

Multi character-code exists together in message and log. It doesn't consider
the data base encoding that the user intended....

The user in multi-byte country can try this.
http://inet.winpg.jp/~saito/pg_bug/MessageCheck.c

That is, it is likely to become it in this manner.(Japanese)
http://inet.winpg.jp/~saito/pg_bug/FormatMessage998.png

Therefore, I hope for treatment that replaces these messages with English
that is neutrality.

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

Attachment Content-Type Size
FormatMessage_patch application/octet-stream 1.6 KB