RE: Test

From: "Gyozo Papp" <pgerzson(at)freestart(dot)hu>
To: "Mitch Vincent" <mvincent(at)cablespeed(dot)com>, <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Test
Date: 2001-06-15 07:57:35
Lists: pgsql-php

Hello,

You are right, just for clarity the directives mentioned before are:

magic_quotes_runtime [on|off]
= if it's turned on single and double quotes (' and ") will be escaped with a blackslash. Escaping is applied to every source which comes from outside of PHP -- in other words and more informally -- not genarated by your own script(such as db or file read) - automagically.

[also have a look at these functions: set_magic_quotes_runtime(int), int get_magic_quotes_runtime()]

magic_quotes_sybase [on|off]
= if it's *also* turned on PHP single quotes (') will be escaped with another ' instead of blackslash (\).
It effects only if magic_quotes_runtime is turned on.

Papp Gyozo
- pgerzson(at)freestart(dot)hu