Re: Major problems installing PostgreSQL on Win2k

From: "Agrawal, Manish" <MAgrawal(at)coba(dot)usf(dot)edu>
To: "'Yann(dot)G'" <Yann(dot)G(at)ifrance(dot)com>, pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Major problems installing PostgreSQL on Win2k
Date: 2003-02-15 16:36:21
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

I would recommend downloading the windows version of 7.3 available by
following the "Installing the PeerDirect ... " link at
http://techdocs.postgresql.org/ (for some reason the link is not working
right now but I think they are upgrading the site).

This will install very smoothly like any other windows program. It also
includes the odbc driver so you don't have to download that separately. Then
I would recommend installing pgAdmin II (if you are converting Access
databases, also get the pgMIgration wizard).

Manish