initdb problem

From: "Ping (No Magic Asia)" <nattaphol_m(at)nomagicasia(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: initdb problem
Date: 2002-07-19 11:16:35
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi!

I don't know if it is a bug or not. What I am facing is that I can't open a database I created. It's better to explain you by below scenario:

I have installed the Postgres v7.1 or later. Then, I changed the initial database cluster to another disk, "/mydb". Then, I changed "PGDATA" in the "/etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql". I did change all "start", and "stop" PGDATA variable to "/mydb". Everything works fine.

Until I formated the Linux (Redhat, v7.1) system, and re-installed the Redhat (v7.1) again. Please note that "/mydb" is not been removed because it is kept in another disk.
Now I installed the Postgres v7.1 again, and try to changed the initial database cluster to "/mydb". And it cannot allow me to do that.

My point is how can I open my database I kept in "/mydb" again. Is it a bug? Please help me.

Sincerely yours,

--
Ping - Nattaphol Manomaiphan.
EVSD Project Leader