Re: How can I keep an OdbcDataAdapter from using fully qualified tble names?

From: Nils Gösche <cartan(at)cartan(dot)de>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How can I keep an OdbcDataAdapter from using fully qualified tble names?
Date: 2012-04-25 15:02:01
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Rob Richardson wrote:

> In VS 2008, I am trying to use the System.Data.Odbc namespace to work

[...]

> When I use an OdbcCommandBuilder object to create the insert, update
> and delete
> commands for me, the table names are fully qualified. For example, an
> insert
> command might begin with "insert into MyDatabase.public.MyTable...".
> When I try
> to use that, I get an exception thrown that complains that cross-
> database
> references are not implemented (even though the connection I am using
> is to the MyDatabase database).

I used to have the same problem and gave up on it a long time ago. I
just tried to reproduce it again and...failed!

I suspect it's because we have switched to VS 2010 in the meantime. Could
you perhaps check if your problem goes away, too, if you compile with VS
2010?

Thanks for bringing it up, anyway :-) :-) :-)

Regards,
--
Nils Gösche