Re: Indexes

From: "Mitch Vincent" <mvincent(at)cablespeed(dot)com>
To: "Aristide Aragon" <aristide(at)lionking(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Indexes
Date: 2001-05-30 20:25:04
Lists: pgsql-general

This might be a good starting point from which to RTFM

http://postgresql.readysetnet.com/users-lounge/docs/7.1/user/indices-types.h
tml

Documentation is your friend.... Say it with me -- documentation in your
friend :-)

-Mitch

> > This may sound like a trivial question, but can someone explain me the
difference between the types of access methods to indexes that PGSQL
supports? I understand HASH, but not the others..
> > if possible, can someone tell me what index is good for what type of
situations? Like some index is better if you're going to join tables, other
if you will just query, etc...