Slony vs Pgpool

From: "Machiel Richards" <machielr(at)rdc(dot)co(dot)za>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Slony vs Pgpool
Date: 2010-03-10 07:42:26
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi All

Maybe someone can give me some more information on the
following subjects.

We need to setup replication on a postgresql-8.3 Database.

Two methods were found called slony and pgpool, however I
read that pgpool is not really for the purpose of master/slave replication
(leaving me confused).

What is the best method to use and where can we find proper
documentation on this?

We tried to set it up using slony based on info received
from someone, however the test setup didn't work.

Your help will be appreciated.

Regards