Oracle to POSTGRESQL

From: "Jono" <jono(at)camara(dot)co(dot)za>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Oracle to POSTGRESQL
Date: 2000-10-05 13:03:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi there

I have been developing a web application using an Oracle database on the backend, and Java beans and JSP for the frontend.

At a late stage in the project I have been asked to look into the viability of
hosting the application with postgreSQL as the backend database.

Now my major concern is that we developed a whole bunch of scripts for table definitions,
triggers, sequences and Stored Procedures using Oracle standard PLSQL and datatypes.

Should I decide to change to PostGRESQL, what course of action would you recommend I take?

Regards,

Jono