Re: Multiple Index's

From: "Mitch Vincent" <mitch(at)venux(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Brian C(dot) Doyle" <bcdoyle(at)mindspring(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Multiple Index's
Date: 2000-09-21 17:28:18
Lists: pgsql-sql

> Hello all,
>
> How would I prevent a user from submitting information to a table once
they
> have already done so for that day.

The best you could probably do is to go back and delete undesired recoords
at the end of the day because if it is as you said, they've already put the
information into the database.

> I would need them to be able
> information on future dates as well as have information in the table from
> past dates from that user.

Not positive what you mean here but just use a date (or timestamp) column in
the table to indicate when the record was added.

> I am looking for something like insert user_id, date, info where user_id
> and date are not the same... does that make sense?

Nope, it doesn't -- at least to me :-)

How about some table structures and some more information, I'm just not
exactly sure what you'd like to do..

-Mitch