record chain

From: tövis <tovises(at)freemail(dot)hu>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: record chain
Date: 2005-04-18 19:02:31
Lists: pgsql-novice

I migrate from signle user (Clarion - TopsSpeed) to PostgreSQL.
My target about some million short (some bytes) messages in a quarter, coming from sources. In old system I solved problem with large files, that I limited them for a quarter, files are came about 200 - 300 MBytes. Is it could be a good practice for PostgreSQL or here some better metod to keep files small anough to be archived, carried ...
Any ideas
Gábor Rózsa