Re: start

From: "Andrei Bintintan" <klodoma(at)ar-sd(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: start
Date: 2004-05-04 14:20:51
Lists: pgsql-sql

You say that you're running Suse 8.

You can also start the process with that Yast.
Start Yast2 -> System -> Runlevel Editor-> and then you can select the
runlevel when you want that postgre starts. I start it at runlevel 3.
If you installed postgre it manually you have a little work to do, probably
you will have to make your own start script.
In my situation(also manual installation) I just copied the script which
came with suse and edited it for my configuration... it worked for me.

Good luck!