maximum number of connections exceeded

From: "Sebastiano Cascione" <cascione(dot)sr(at)tin(dot)it>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: maximum number of connections exceeded
Date: 2001-12-07 10:27:11
Lists: pgsql-general

When I do a request to the web pages that connects to the pgsql database I have the seguent error -

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '8007000e'
Maximum number of connections exceeded. -

I have increased the value of "sharedbuffer" and "maxconnection" into the postgre.conf but I didn't solve it.
Are there others variables to set instead of those I have just set?
My configuration is
-WebServer IIS on win200 server
-DBMS postgresql on SuSe linux

Regards and best wishes,