RE: Problem with default partition pruning

From: "Yuzuko Hosoya" <hosoya(dot)yuzuko(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "'Amit Langote'" <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, "'Thibaut'" <thibaut(dot)madelaine(at)dalibo(dot)com>, "'Imai, Yoshikazu'" <imai(dot)yoshikazu(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
Cc: "'PostgreSQL Hackers'" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Problem with default partition pruning
Date: 2019-04-02 05:02:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

> Maybe we should have two patches as we seem to be improving two things:
>
> 1. Patch to fix problems with default partition pruning originally reported by Hosoya-san
>
> 2. Patch to determine if a given clause contradicts a sub-partitioned table's partition constraint,
> fixing problems unearthed by Thibaut's tests

I attached the latest patches according to Amit comment.
v3_default_partition_pruning.patch fixes default partition pruning problems
and ignore_contradictory_where_clauses_at_partprune_step.patch fixes
sub-partition problems Thibaut tested.

Best regards,
Yuzuko Hosoya

Attachment Content-Type Size
ignore_contradictory_where_clauses_at_partprune_step.patch application/octet-stream 2.6 KB
v3_default_partition_pruning.patch application/octet-stream 12.1 KB