Re: Strange message followed by server crash

From: "Donald Fraser" <postgres(at)kiwi-fraser(dot)net>
To: "[ADMIN]" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Strange message followed by server crash
Date: 2006-08-25 14:46:11
Lists: pgsql-admin

"Tom Lane" writes:
>And what do you make of the apparent junk on the log line? (What's
>your log_line_prefix exactly?)

The log messages are good, log prefix is: <%u %p %t %x>
"1Tmenteshvili" is actually a user login name... don't ask.

>Given that this sounds like it won't be easy to reproduce, I'm hoping
>you have a core file left from that and can get a stack trace from it.
>That would give us some clue where to look.

Where would I look for a core file?
There's nothing unusual in the data directory, nothing in the /tmp directory?

I had my email turned off yesterday and PostgreSQL restarted itself so I didn't find out about the crash till this morning when I logged in.
Everything seems to have be running smoothly since then...
If there isn't a core file, how would I go about ensuring one is created next time? (touch wood there wont be one).

Regards
Donald Fraser