Re: pgsql oid question

From: "Reggie Burnett" <rykr(at)bellsouth(dot)net>
To: "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgsql oid question
Date: 2003-01-05 07:39:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Ok, that adds some clarity. Have base types (int32, etc) had the same
oid values for a significant number of versions of PgSQL? What I am
getting at is this: can I hard code oid values into an access layer for
PgSQL? I see that the Java driver uses select statements back into the
db to determine the datatype for a given oid. I know for user-defined
types that is required, but for base types is it required?

And thanks for the reply!

Reggie