Re: fsync and semctl errors with 8.1.5/win32

From: "Bradley Russell" <bradley(dot)russell(at)npcinternational(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: fsync and semctl errors with 8.1.5/win32
Date: 2006-11-30 16:01:28
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Jeremy,

My company runs a 200 gig data warehouse. We are running 8.1.2. We were
seeing hanging transactions and occasional semctl errors.

We were also running it on Windows Server 2003. We ended up rolling
back service pack 1 and it seems to have taken care of the hanging
transactions and we haven't seen a semctl error in a while.

Worth a shot if it applies to you.

Brad Russell
Programmer Analyst
NPC International