escaping wildcard chars

From: "Dan Wilson" <dan_wilson(at)geocities(dot)com>
To: "pgsql general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: escaping wildcard chars
Date: 1999-07-26 05:16:52
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-sql

I am trying to pull in the different types allowed by postgres for a create
function statement and am having problems with the types that start with an
underscore (_). Because the underscore is the wildcard for a single
character, I cannot perform the following query correctly.

SELECT typname from pg_type WHERE NOT LIKE '_%'

It gives me an empty set.

Is there any way to escape the underscore. I tried to use '\_%', but that
didn't help. Any suggestions?

-Dan