Re: Silly newbie questions

From: A_Schnabel(at)t-online(dot)de (Andre Schnabel)
To: "ML: Postgres Novice" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Silly newbie questions
Date: 2001-07-13 18:21:40
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

for documentation of the command line interface to PostgreSQL you may look
at the docs for psql (client applications)
http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?app-psql.html

One of the commands, you are looking for, is "\d". Equivalent to "show
tables".

More informations can be found in the system catalogs (or system tables) of
PostgreSQL.
docs are at:
http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?catalogs.html

So "select * from pg_database;" should be equivalent to MySQL's "show
databases"

CU,
Andre