Have it compiling no errors, will it work like 7.4 in regards to SQLascii?

From: "Joel Fradkin" <jfradkin(at)wazagua(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Have it compiling no errors, will it work like 7.4 in regards to SQLascii?
Date: 2005-07-20 21:28:20
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Thanks for the off line suggestions. I did comment out the conn variable and
got no warnings.

Will this lib work like the older 7.4 version ?

I currently have a sqlascii databse and the 7.4 will read French chars from
that data base and display ok.

When I tried the 8.0.3 I had to convert to Unicode to get the French to
display ok, but I found multiple oledb errors when several users got onto
the system.

I had to switch back to the 7.4 drivers and SQLASCII data base because of
the errors.

I can of course do the conversion again (takes aprx 12 hours to convert
using my .net application, which reads from SQLASCII and writes to UNICODE).

I was not able to use either the 8.0.3 msi install (pre libpq) or the at the
time beta not for production use libpq vewrsion without getting errors.

I will definitely try testing the UNICODE database with the current libpq
more robustly to see if I can isolate what the issues were.

I had a tester working with a UNICODE database for a day with 8.0.3 msi
install (pre libpq) driver and did not have errors, so I was disappointed
finding when I tried in production it was returning errors.

I wanted to add I appreciate all the work everyone has been doing and hope I
can get a more dependable solution worked out. At this moment the 7.4
drivers seem to lock up the IIS every now and then (I am guessing this is
some kind of Unicode in ascii issue).

Joel Fradkin

Wazagua, Inc.
2520 Trailmate Dr
Sarasota, Florida 34243
Tel. 941-753-7111 ext 305

jfradkin(at)wazagua(dot)com
www.wazagua.com
Powered by Wazagua
Providing you with the latest Web-based technology & advanced tools.
C 2004. WAZAGUA, Inc. All rights reserved. WAZAGUA, Inc
This email message is for the use of the intended recipient(s) and may
recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and delete and destroy
all copies of the original message, including attachments.