Re: pg_hba.conf

From: "Donald Fraser" <postgres(at)kiwi-fraser(dot)net>
To: "[ADMIN]" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_hba.conf
Date: 2005-02-22 13:48:11
Lists: pgsql-admin

If postgres has ssl enabled then it will by default negotiate to use ssl,
regardless of the host or hostssl settings in pg_hba. Your client software
needs to refuse ssl connections then it will fall back to a non-ssl
connection so long as there exists a host setting in pg_hba. The hostssl
setting in pg_hba means that it must use ssl to connect, where as the host
setting in pg_hba can mean either or, depending on your client.

What client software are you using?

Regards
Donald Fraser