Re: BUG #6712: PostgreSQL 9.2 beta2: alter table drop constraint does not work on inherited master table

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila(at)huawei(dot)com>
To: <miroslav(dot)sulc(at)fordfrog(dot)com>, <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #6712: PostgreSQL 9.2 beta2: alter table drop constraint does not work on inherited master table
Date: 2012-07-02 10:46:31
Lists: pgsql-bugs

In function ATExecDropConstraint(), for the constarint "test_constraints_val1_val2_key" con->connoinherit is false,
due to which it tries to drop the constrint from child table as well.
I have checked that from function index_constraint_create() when it calls function CreateConstraintEntry(), the flag for noinherit passed is false.
I think this is the reason of failure for the same.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.