Re: how is max_fsm_pages configured in 8.4

From: "mark" <dvlhntr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: 'Martín Marqués' <martin(dot)marques(at)gmail(dot)com>, "'pgsql-general'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: how is max_fsm_pages configured in 8.4
Date: 2011-08-25 00:43:22
Lists: pgsql-general

From: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/release-8-4.html

E.9.3.5.3. VACUUM

Track free space in separate per-relation "fork" files (Heikki)

Free space discovered by VACUUM is now recorded in *_fsm files, rather than in a fixed-sized shared memory area. The max_fsm_pages and max_fsm_relations settings have been removed, greatly simplifying administration of free space management.

>And can it be configured,

no

>or is it something we should not worry about?

You shouldn't need to worry about it anymore.