Re: Something unusual has occured to cause the driver to fail

From: "Dave Cramer" <Dave(at)micro-automation(dot)net>
To: 'Juan José Antonio Lix' <jjantoli(at)excite(dot)com>, <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Something unusual has occured to cause the driver to fail
Date: 2001-10-30 21:00:28
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Juan,

You need to modify the server start up to create more connections check
the documentation for postmaster.
The command line switch is -N 128 -B 256 where -N defines the number of
connections, and -B defines the number of buffers. The buffers can be
higher, but at a minimum they need to be 2 x N. As for the driver's
bugs, I have been running a site 24 x 7 for over 1 year with no
problems. That's not to say there aren't bugs...

Thanks,

Dave