Row versionning between MS-Access and PostgreSQL 8

From: "Ets ROLLAND" <ets(at)rolland-fr(dot)com>
To: "pgsql ODBC" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Row versionning between MS-Access and PostgreSQL 8
Date: 2005-07-22 13:12:40
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello !

I made the port of an Access 2002 Database to PostgreSQL 8, it seems to work.
I still use MS-Access 2002 for the application, using ODBC with linked tables.

For all the data created BEFORE the transfert to PostgreSQL, all works fine.
For the records created SINCE this transfert, it is impossible to modify or delete these records !?
MS-Access say that "The record is acceded by an other user", even I am the only user.

Someone tell to me, on the general forum, that :
"Access is trying to identify rows by looking at the data, which includes a timestamp.
PG supports fractional-seconds which is confusing Access.
All your old timestamps aren't fractional because they were imported from Access.
When you define your timestamps in PG you can control how much accuracy you want
- might be worth dumping/restoring without the fractions.
Look for a "row versioning" option in your ODBC settings. Also, there's
an ODBC list too - check the mailing-list archives for that."

So I understand the problem, but not how to fix it.
I was using psqlODBC v8.00.0101,
I've downloaded the new snapshot v8.01.0002 without any change.
I try to create row versioning function as explain at :
http://docman.sourceforge.net/home_html/projects/sql/access_fix.sql
but now MS-Access crash when I try to modify any record !

How can I fix the Row versionning between MS-Access and PostgreSQL 8 ?

Thanks for your help...

Bests regards.

Luc