Re: PostgreSQL x Sybase

From: "Reimer" <carlosreimer(at)terra(dot)com(dot)br>
To: "Mark Aufflick" <mark(at)aufflick(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL x Sybase
Date: 2006-04-01 01:18:20
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks Mark,

You gave me very good tips..

The main reason of my question is that we have a ERP software house client
with many customers running PostgreSQL and one of their big customers is
trying go buy another ERP system that uses Sybase instead of PostgreSQL.

Now I´m sure it´s only a political issue for the customer, because I talked
to them about the system behaviour and the answer from the users was
unanimous: it´s nice, we´re happy and we don´t know why the boss would like
to change the system.

Anyway, my idea was to make a document with some strong reasons they should
not change to the Sybase ERP system, comparing only the database features.

Many thanks!

Reimer