downloading files- more details

From: "Cima" <ruel(dot)cima(at)facinf(dot)uho(dot)edu(dot)cu>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: downloading files- more details
Date: 2005-05-09 18:40:29
Lists: pgsql-novice

hi,
i sent a mail asking about downloading files. the files i stored in my database are stored as blobs, just in case.

now i had also asked on another ocasion, if the oids arent as reliable as i had thought, then what should i use as an alternative to the oids for my files? bear i mind that i would like to store my files as blobs.
also, how efficient is it to try and store files as blobs and is it recommended?