Re: PG on zeta 1.0

From: "sam karush" <sk418(at)rivah(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PG on zeta 1.0
Date: 2006-05-20 11:57:56
Lists: pgsql-novice

> $ ./pg_ctl -D /boot/home/database -l logfile start
> postmaster starting

the output is going to the logfile. Can you take off the "-l logfile"
part and send the list the error message for that portion.
> Attempts to login with phpPgAdmin fail.
so, it is running, but you just can't connect?

Here is what I get:

$ ./pg_ctl -D /boot/home/database start
LOG: could not translate host name "localhost", service "5432" to address: unknown name or service
WARNING: could not create listen socket for "localhost"
FATAL: could not create any TCP/IP sockets

No PG is not running, thus I can't connect.

Thanks!
sam

It has removed 114 spam emails to date.