Job Posting Request

From: "Todd B Davis" <tdavis(at)yahoo-inc(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Job Posting Request
Date: 2008-05-28 17:35:06
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Could you please post this job opening at Yahoo! in our Bellevue, WA office?
Thank you

Software Development Engineer, Storage Data System

The Internet is a big, busy place, and we at Yahoo! are proud to stand out
in the crowd. As the world's number one Internet brand, servicing over a
half billion people, we're determined to maintain our commitment to
delivering news, entertainment, information and fun. each and every day.

In order to maintain our position as one of the world's most trafficked
Internet destinations, we're always on the lookout for people with big ideas
and big talent to help us provide our visitors with the innovative products
and services they've come to expect from Yahoo!. We're looking for people
like you.

How Big Can You Think?

The Query and Storage platform team within DataOS is building world class
high performance next generation database system to power data warehouses
and business analytical systems that can handle tens of petabytes sized
data. The project involves architecture, design, software development,
quality assurance, performance and reliability evaluation of such systems.

Job Responsibilities

. Part of the Storage and infrastructure system development team.
. Design and Implement high performance distributed Storage platform and
infrastructure.
. Maintain and improve existing Storage System technologies to meet the
needs of exponential growth in data

Minimum Job Qualifications

. PostgreSQL
(http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=207801436)

. Strong C++ skills
. 5+ years of development experience
. Solid understanding of Data Structures and Object Oriented Programming
. Development experience on Linux platform in the last 2 years
. Work independently with little supervision
. Large scale Database storage or storage server development
. Client/Server product building experience

. BS/MS with Computer Science degree

Preferable Job Qualifications

. Programming in Multi-threading and Asynchronous environment
. Self motivated and strong desire to do improve skill set
. Strong problem solving and debugging/trouble shooting skills

Yahoo! Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. For more information or to
search all of our openings please visit http://careers.yahoo.com
<http://careers.yahoo.com/> .

Contact:

Todd B Davis

Yahoo! Engineering Recruiter
1120 112th Ave NE

Suite 600

Bellevue, WA 98004

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/toddbdavis

Website: http://careers.yahoo.com

Email: <mailto:tdavis(at)yahoo-inc(dot)com> tdavis(at)yahoo-inc(dot)com

Yahoo! powers and delights our communities of users, advertisers, and
publishers - all of us united in creating indispensable experiences, and
fueled by trust.

Check our Virtual Tour of Yahoo! and our Corp Blog

http://ycorpblog.com