Re: Built in display of contents of temporary tables when select has no destination

From: "Robert M(dot) Bernabe" <rbernabe(at)sandmansystems(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Postgres" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Built in display of contents of temporary tables when select has no destination
Date: 2007-12-10 11:45:44
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Dave,
Within a function just type select * from table; ...call the function
and the SQL editor will give an error saying that the select statement has
no destination...which is true...:) but often very complex stored functions
have temporary tables within and the only way to display the contents while
debugging is to use a loop with raise info calls. It would be great if the
debugger automatically streams all select statements to a output and
formatted already for viewing.