Select from two databases

From: "Becky Alcorn" <becky(at)unisolve(dot)com(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Select from two databases
Date: 2004-04-22 07:00:52
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

I was wondering if there has been any further development on running SQL
statements involving more than one database? We are porting a database from
SQLServer to Postgres and some queries in related applications use joins on
tables that are in different databases. We know we can modify the code to
use dblink to accomplish much the same thing in Postgres. Does anyone know
of a more elegant solution for Postgres than dblink?

Regards
Becky

Becky Alcorn
Unisolve Pty Ltd - Melbourne, Australia