Re: Please advise features in 7.1 (SUMMARY)

From: "Mitch Vincent" <mitch(at)venux(dot)net>
To: "Zeugswetter Andreas SB" <ZeugswetterA(at)wien(dot)spardat(dot)at>, "'Ross J(dot) Reedstrom'" <reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Please advise features in 7.1 (SUMMARY)
Date: 2000-11-28 17:05:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I guess it depends on what you're using it for -- disk space is cheap and
abundant anymore, I can see some advantages of having it computed only once
rather than X times, where X is the number of SELECTs as that could get
costly on really high traffic servers.. Costly not so much for simple
computations like that but more complex ones.

Just playing the devil's advocate a bit.

-Mitch