Re: [ADMIN] Access setting for users, problem

From: "Kaj-Michael Lang" <milang(at)tal(dot)org>
To: "Brett W(dot) McCoy" <bmccoy(at)lan2wan(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Access setting for users, problem
Date: 1998-05-21 21:53:49
Lists: pgsql-admin

>> We are going to give all our shell users access to Postgres so that
>> every user has their own database that they use as much as they like but
>> so that they can't create new databases. Also these databases should be
>> totaly private to the user that owns it (ok, the "postgres" should have
>> access to them) so that nobbody else can
>> connect/select/insert/update/create/drop/etc.
>
>The short answer: use the 'createuser' command via the postgres superuser
>and follow the instructions
>
>The long answer: read the PostgreSQL Administrator's Guide. It describes
>it more detail how to set up users and access to different databases.

I did just that... but it did't say anything about howto restrict a db to just ONE user. I wan't it so that *only* the owner of the db has access to it. I haven't found anything in the docs on this.

| Kaj-Michael Lang | WWW: http://www.tal.org |
| Kaskentie 5 C9 | E-Mail: milang(at)tal(dot)org |
| 20720 Turku | milang(at)onion(dot)sip(dot)fi |
| FINLAND | milang(at)infa(dot)abo(dot)fi |
| GSM: +358-(0)40-5271058 | FTP: ftp://ftp.tal.org |
| CS(at)ÅA DBMS&CGI&PHP&HelpDesk&PTRoot&Coding(at)SIP Ltd |
| Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds |