Re: ubuntu 9.04 and auto-start

From: "Daniel Verite" <daniel(at)manitou-mail(dot)org>
To: "johnf" <jfabiani(at)yolo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ubuntu 9.04 and auto-start
Date: 2009-05-28 19:56:31
Lists: pgsql-general

johnf wrote:

> I have installed postgres 8.3 and it runs if I manually start
postgres.
> That is to say I '/etc/init.d/postgresql start' as root. Runs
perfectly.
> But if I restart the computer postgres does not auto-start.

Did you install the package named postgresql-8.3?
Because it contains /etc/init.d/postgresql-8.3 (note the version number
in the filename) as shown here:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/jaunty/i386/postgresql-8.3/filelist
and the installation procedure normally sets up the links so that it
starts at boot time.

Best regards,
--
Daniel
PostgreSQL-powered mail user agent and storage: