cant seem to post the explain

From: "Joel Fradkin" <jfradkin(at)wazagua(dot)com>
To: "PostgreSQL Perform" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: cant seem to post the explain
Date: 2005-05-20 19:58:29
Lists: pgsql-performance

Sorry I tried a few times to break this email up (guess there must be a size
limit?).

Any one interested in seeing the explain for the speed of many group by's
question just email me.

Basically the sql is built by a dynamic cube product from data dynamics.

I can edit it prior to it running, but it runs very slow even off the
flattened file.

I am guessing the product needs the data from the sql I supplied in previous
post.

I don't have any ideas to speed it up as I cant store an aggregate flat
table without updating it when updates and inserts are made and that would
be too time consuming.

Any ideas for how to approach getting the same data set in a faster manner
are greatly appreciated.

Joel Fradkin