Re: Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb

From: "Greg Quinn" <greg(at)officium(dot)co(dot)za>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb
Date: 2006-03-29 06:22:08
Lists: pgsql-performance

The query is,

select * from users

which returns 4 varchar fields, there is no where clause

Yes, I am running the default postgres config. Basically I have been a MySQL
user and thought I would like to check out PostGreSql. So I did a quick
performance test. The performance was so different that I thought PostGreSQL
was nothing compared to MySQL, but now it seems its just a few configuration
options. Strange how the defult config would be so slow...

I have begun reading the documentation but am not too sure what options I
can quickly tweak to get good performance, could somebody give me some tips?

Thanks