Add Constraint

From: "Sivagami (dot)" <sivagami(at)worlddata(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Add Constraint
Date: 2000-10-25 17:51:00
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi all,

I am a newbie to Postgresql, but I am familiar with SQL. I am trying to add a constraint to my table using the ALTER TABLE command. The command goes like this :

ALTER TABLE USER_SIGNUP ADD CONSTRAINT
P_USER_SIGNUP_USER_ID PRIMARY KEY(user_id);

But it is returning the error
ERROR: ALTER TABLE / ADD CONSTRAINT is not implemented

Can anyone guide me in the right direction???

Thanks.
Shiva