Increase the number of concurrent connection

From: "dfx" <dfx(at)dfx(dot)it>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Increase the number of concurrent connection
Date: 2008-01-10 08:12:27
Lists: pgsql-general

Dear sirs,

how I have to modify postgresql.conf to increase the number of concurrent
connection over the value 100 setted by by default?

I tryied to modify this value but the server get an error and not start.

My version is 8.2.5 on Linux Fedora 8.
The PC has 2 GB ram and Celeron 2.8 processor.

An example of postgresql.conf is welcome.

Thank you

D. Formenton