Re: Internal Query

From: "matt" <vagnoni(at)uiuc(dot)edu>
To: <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Internal Query
Date: 2002-05-04 00:31:30
Lists: pgsql-docs

So, to do an internal query, I can just do:

char * query = "SELECT column from pg_attributes WHERE pg_attributes.table =
table_name";

PGresult *result; <--where is PGresult stored?? what do i need to include
to get this struct?
result = PSQLexec(query);

What's the difference between PSQLexec and pg_exec?

And then, how do i access the information? I see commands like pg_result in
src/interfaces/libpgtcl/pgtclCmds.c but are these backend commands that I do
run inside a given function? the pg_stuff looks almost like front end
stuff...

sincerly,
matt