RE: [Proposal] Table-level Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and Key Management Service (KMS)

From: "Moon, Insung" <Moon_Insung_i3(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "'Tomas Vondra'" <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [Proposal] Table-level Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and Key Management Service (KMS)
Date: 2018-07-03 11:26:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dear Tomas Vondra.

Thank you for your advice.
First, I'm researched to more security problem and found that CBC mode is an not safe encryption mode.
Later, when I'll create a PoC, using to GCM or XTS encryption mode.
And this time I know for using the same IV is dangerous, and I'm doing some more research on this.

Thank you and Best regards.
Moon.