array character types

From: Jodi Kanter <jkanter(at)virginia(dot)edu>
To: Postgres Admin List <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: array character types
Date: 2002-10-31 15:05:51
Lists: pgsql-admin

Can anyone offer some insight or link to documentation on the use of integer and/or string array data types? We are thinking of using them in our database but there is some concern about breaking normalization standards and opening ourselves up to more issues later.
We are storing data about various analyses that are being run - i.e user and system parameter values. It would be nice not to have to create a separate table for each of these fields.
Thank you,
Jodi Kanter

Jodi L Kanter
BioInformatics Database Administrator