Re: passing parameters between forms

From: "Richard Huxton" <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: "Sharmad Naik" <sharmad(at)im(dot)eth(dot)net>, <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: passing parameters between forms
Date: 2001-04-02 12:14:00
Lists: pgsql-sql

From: "Sharmad Naik" <sharmad(at)im(dot)eth(dot)net>

> Hi,
> I have created a database with following structure
>
> CREATE TABLE member(
> mem_id INT,
> name TEXT,
> age INT);
>
> the first page is as follows :
> <!-- search1.html -->
> <FORM ACTION=search2.php>
> Member ID :
> <INPUT TYPE="TEXT" NAME="mem_id">

> The second page that is search 2.php is as follows :
>
> <!-- search2.php -->
> echo("<FORM ACTION=search3.php>");
> echo("$mem_id<BR>");

Create a hidden input element that will be posted on to the third form:

echo('<INPUT TYPE="hidden" VALUE=".$mem_id.'">');

> echo("$name<BR>");
> echo("$age<BR>");
> echo("<INPUT TYPE=submit VALUE=Enter
NAME=Enter>");
> // require("search3.php");
> // series($mem_id,$name,$age);
> echo("</FORM>");

> In my search3.php I want to insert (which i have not given) or atleast
echo the parameter like mem_id, age and name.My Q
> +is how do i pass the parameters between search2.php and search3.php.If
there is another way out pls tell.
> I tried using functions to get the work done.but couldn't get my way out.

This is more of a cgi question really - I'd suggest a quick visit to
www.faqs.org and have a look at the CGI faq.

- Richard Huxton