Invalid Dependancies

From: "Mark Wilson" <mark(at)mediasculpt(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Invalid Dependancies
Date: 2002-11-13 03:44:20
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

Here's a problem that I hit recently. Function f_A refers to table t_A. Function f_B refers to function f_A. View A also refers to table t_A.

If I drop and re-create table t_A, I would expect f_A, f_B and A to be invalid.

Selecting from f_A, f_B, A does not say 'invalid object'. Instead, it seems to corrupt the session/socket and kill my connection.

Is this correct behaviour? Is there any way to detect what objects are invalid? (and if so, re-compile them)

Thanks in advance,
Mark