cygwin and postgresql config question

From: "Greg Stanley-Horn, Athena Software(dot)net" <greg(at)athenasoftware(dot)net>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: cygwin and postgresql config question
Date: 2003-03-11 17:19:27
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi - I would really appreciate any advice on how to properly set the
postgresql config file regarding semaphores, max connections etc.

I am using cygwin and postgres on a win 2000 pro server with 1.1 ghz
processor and 1 gig of ram - there are about 20 users connecting to the
system. About once a week, the database stops "saving" and we get the
"ERROR: cannot create semaphore...no room on device" message. We
currently have the max connections at 384 and the shared memory at 1024.

Can anyone please provide some guidance on the proper setttings for this
environment? I know it is better to switch to linux but we want to
exhaust our options on configuring the windows box first.

Thanks, Greg

Greg Stanley-Horn, President
Athena Software.net
www.athenasoftware.net <http://www.athenasoftware.net/>