PHP and PostgreSQL: Cannot create new link. Too many open links (0)

From: Johannes Alfänger <johannes(dot)alfaenger(at)itwing(dot)de>
To: <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PHP and PostgreSQL: Cannot create new link. Too many open links (0)
Date: 2004-01-28 09:30:04
Lists: pgsql-php

Hi All!

After working with PHP and MySQL and Firebird quite a while I need to
install PostgreSQL. After installation I made a new build of PHP to
support
PostgreSQL. I looked over the ini files and re-started Apache.

With psql I can connect like: "psql -h localhost ...". But not any
chancen
seen with PHP. I even just made a small script with just two echo lines
and
a pg_pconnect() / pg_connect().

This is the error Message I get: "Warning: pg_pconnect(): Cannot create
new
link. Too many open links (0). in /www/test.php on line 5".

I get this message no matter what connection string I use. Even if I
leave
it totally blank or put some nonsense in, I get the same error.

Any hint appreciated - Thanks in advance! Johannes

Configuration:
Red Hat 9
PHP Version 4.3.4
Apache 2.0.48
PostgreSQL 7.3.4
PostgreSQL libpq 7.3.4

pg_hba.conf:
local all all trust
host all all 127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 trust