php and Postgres 7.2

From: "rudi" <rudi(at)oasis(dot)net(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: php and Postgres 7.2
Date: 2002-02-13 07:23:04
Lists: pgsql-php

Hello friends,

Just a quick email to let you know of my experience upgrading on php apps.
using Postgres 7.1.3 to 7.2

The only problem I found was with phorum ( www.phorum.org )

I tried the last 2 releases and both would throw this error when creating a new forum :

Could not add forum to the main table (forums).
Database error: ERROR: value too long for type character(1) .

I'm not sure why this is occurring but the solution was to run everything on 7.2
except for this forum application which remains on another box using 7.1.3

I don't know if its :
a) the phorum code
b) php
c) Postgres 7.2

But I though you may be interested so I've posted it anyway.
Thanks for your time
Kind regards
Rudi.