PostgreSQL DBA required

From: "George Walton" <gkwalton(at)4glsol(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL DBA required
Date: 2012-09-12 16:14:49
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Hello,

4GL Solutions from Markham, Ontario, Canada is looking for a PostgreSQL DBA
to join our team. If you are interested in this position, please contact me
ASAP so we can discuss the opportunity.

Thank you,

George.

4GL Solutions

Markham, Ontario

Office: 905.479.6727

Cell: 647.244.6727

Email: <mailto:gkwalton(at)4glsol(dot)com> gkwalton(at)4glsol(dot)com

Web: <http://www.4glsol.com/> www.4glsol.com

The Company:

4GL Solutions is a software company specializing in the development and
distribution of ERP software for Steel Service Centers in Canada and
throughout North America. The rapid growth of this company has lead to a
number of key positions opening up. We are seeking bright self-motivated
individuals to fill these positions and become part of our team of experts.

The Position:

We are focused on hiring self starting individuals that have extensive
knowledge of databases, specifically PostgreSQL. This individual will work
with other technical staff to replace our existing ISAM database with a
PostgresSQL database and to make modifications in order to utilize the many
features PostgreSQL has to offer.

Remuneration:

Those who are hired will be rewarded with a competitive salary, business
growth opportunities and an employer who will invest heavily in both the
knowledge-base and personal growth of team members.

Responsibilities

- Integrate PostgreSQL with ERP system

- Work with technical staff to define DB requirements and solutions

- Generally help us create a more streamlined, robust, stable
application

- Assist with proISAM to PostgreSQL conversion

Requirements

- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related degree
required.

- Experience in database design and development

- Minimum 5 years of database development experience

- Minimum 3 years experience with PostgreSQL

- Working knowledge of RedHat LINUX OS