was enhancement of temp tables in plpgsql supposed to apply to temp views as well? appears it did not.

From: "chris wood" <chrisj(dot)wood(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: was enhancement of temp tables in plpgsql supposed to apply to temp views as well? appears it did not.
Date: 2007-11-28 22:32:26
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Plpgsql procedure:

BEGIN

Drop table if exits temptable cascade ;

Create temp table temptable ...

Create temp view tempview as select . from temptable...

Select .. from tempview ...

END

The first time I run this after I create the procedure it works perfectly.

The second time I get notices that the drop is cascading to the view (this
was expected and OK)

But then the select fails

ERROR: could not open relation .. No such file or directory